Windows Media Center is not part of Windows 10, you have to look for alternatives. My choice, MediaPortal, which is free of charge and as powerful and feature-rich as Windows Media Center.
My primary use of Windows Media Center is for watching TV. Here are some simple steps to configure your MediaPortal so that you can use it to watch TV with the TV capture card.
1) Download a copy of the MediaPortal. My choice is MediaPortal 1 (although MediaPortal 2 will also work)
Download link - http://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-download
2) Run and finish the installation. Basically you will accept all default settings.
TV SERVER CONFIGURATION
3) After installation, you will see "TV-Server Configuration" on your desktop. Run it to start configuring MediaPortal server end.
a) On the left hand side, expand "TV Servers", select your computer name and select the TV capture card detected (if your TV capture card or USB dongle is not detected, you may have to go to device manager and have the driver updated) Select "Country" of where you're, press the "Scan for channels" button. It will take some time, be patient.
b) Now, on the left hand side, expand "TV Channels", checked if the detected TV channels have been mapped to the card. If not, do it.
c) On the left hand side, expand "DVB EPG", select "TV Epg grabber", make sure all the channels are checked for the "Grab EPG for these channels". This allows you to grab the electronic program guide, which is built into app.
d) Close and save settings for the "TV-Server Configuration".
TV PLAYER CONFIGURATION
4) From your computer desktop, find another app called "MediaPortal Configuration". Run it and start in "Expert mode". Here you can adjust various important settings.
a) General\Startup/Resume Settings - look for "Start screen", here you can change to the default monitor to display your live TV. This is very useful if you have multiple monitors and you want to default your TV to display on a certain monitor.
b) General\Keyboard Default Shortcut - here are some shortcuts keys you will love to remember
c) TV/Radio\TV - under "General settings" tab, look for "When entering the TV screen", checked "Turn on TV" and "Directly show fullscreen TV". Under "Subtitle settings" tab, add your preferred languages for subtitles.
5) Press "OK" button to save changes.
READY TO START TV PLAYER
6) Now you are ready to start MediaPortal to watchtower TV. Double click "MediaPortal" on Desktop, click on "TV" and press enter (***I hate the problem here that you might find it difficult to start TV, the mouse and keyboard just mess up a bit, take some practice...***)
Just ENJOY your live TV using your TV capture card or dongle now!!